Friday, March 4, 2011

Where You go, I'll go

I had no idea at 17 how the course of my life would shift when I told Him that I would go wherever He led me. I thought I would spend my life teaching here, not teaching English overseas. I thought that I would speak English and only English. I never dreamed of actually learning a second language. Is He crazy? Doesn't He remember what a hard time I had learning to read my own language? How will I ever learn to read a second one? Do I ever feel like giving up and just doing it my way? Yup, at times I do. But I am not going back on my promise. I told Him that I would follow, so how can I do anything different. He has been faithful to me throughout my life and faithful to us throughout history. He can be trusted. So here I go. "Where You go, I'll go ~ where You stay, I'll stay ~ when You move, I'll move ~ I will follow. ~ All Your ways are good ~ all Your ways are sure ~ I will trust in You alone ~ higher than my side ~ high above my life ~ I will trust in You alone ~ where You go, I'll go..." The journey is on! Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment