Friday, June 10, 2011

The "concert"

This evening Friend and I went to the park for a pb & fluff picnic. As we unpacked our supper a guy showed up with a guitar - he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, scraggly hair and a scruffy appearance. We were curious to know what kind of a "concert" we were about to hear. He started strumming, but we didn't pay too much attention to him, until we happened to catch the words that he was singing. "I'll follow you to the homes of the broken, I'll follow you into the world. Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God..." Wow - certainly not what I was expecting, but why not? I guess I didn't expect it because he didn't fit my picture of what a Christ follower looks like. I wonder what the fishermen looked like when they dropped their nets to follow? Probably more like the singer than like me. I've got to lose some of my preconcieved ideas before I can really follow Him wherever he leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment